New Municipal Highway Maps Available from VTrans
The new maps can be accessed through the Mapping Section website.
The Mapping Section of the Agency of Transportation Policy, Planning and Intermodal Development Division produces the Town Highway Maps. These maps are updated annually based on information supplied by municipalities on an annual Mileage Certificate. The chief purpose of these maps is to document classification and mileage of town highways for purposes of calculating payment to towns of State Aid for town highway maintenance.
Features and data shown on the maps include
- All state and town highways
- State highway route numbers & town highway numbers
- Classification (1, 2, 3, 4, or Legal Trail) of town highways
- Mileage between all intersections
- Mileage totals by highway classification
- Street names within cities, villages & urban compacts
- Major streams, lakes, public lands, and railroads
- Town names, boundaries & local place names
For more information, contact Kerry Alley, AOT Mapping & GIS Specialist, Kerry.Alley@vermont.gov or (802) 828-3666.